Monday, January 27, 2014

Nourishing Traditions and Chicken Bone Broth

I finally succumbed today. I couldn't take the pressure of being the only healthy one in the house, so I surrendered to the virus and let it envelope me with aches and fever. Alas, we are all unified in illness. So here's to hoping someone will make Mom some Jell-O now.


NEVER have I been so grateful for being prepared this time. I had big batches of frozen chicken bone broth, stashed away in the freezer. We've been drinking that for a week and I even had enough to share with a sick neighbor AND our dogs. (The dogs LOVE it!!)  I get my recipe out of "Nourishing Traditions".

The best thing you can do, especially if you're a new young wife and mother, is invest in this cookbook Here is a paper back copy...Nourishing Traditions and if you're Prime, you'll get it with free shipping.
It is also avaliable for your Kindle .




The book may seem strange, especially if you are new to clean and healthy eating.  Some of the recipes may seem over the top to you. Take it with a grain of salt and a pinch of fresh ground cracked pepper. But as far as investing in a book to which you would be making constant reference, this book is NOT a waste of money.

We will be planting soon and I hope to can more fermented foods from recipes found in the book.  You can look on the Amazon page for more information and read all the reviews.

Photo from Taste of Home
It is true, I have recently become a new Amazon Affiliate, but I would never tell someone to buy something I didn't believe in.  (Thank you so much, if you do make a purchase through our Amazon doors!!!)

Here is a good link with 10 healthy benefits of drinking chicken bone broth.  She has lots of links too. Hope you find it helpful.

Now, back to bed for me.  I want my mom.  

Be blessed and be a blessing! 
Stay healthy.  
Stay hydrated. 
This flu is bad and everyone has it.  
xoxox

Join us on Facebook where we discuss the recipe.



No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...