Sunday, December 8, 2013

Despised and Rejected ~ My cat hates me

My cat, Pooh, humiliates me....again.  
Sometimes, I'm despised and rejected.
After everything I've done for him, too.


I wonder...

Is this what it feels like for God when He loves us 
and we push Him away....
Noooooooo......let me go!  
Put me down!  
I will only love you on my terms 
Not yours!

As you're being carried by Him, do you struggle to get down. 
Do you swat with claws?
Do you bite? Hiss? Growl? 
I feel as if He drags me around with me 
kicking and screaming most of the time.
Isn't that sad?
Why is humbling ourselves and obedience 
sooooooooooo difficult for me?

Is it the same for you?

I read this last night and was so inspired. 
I don't know if Mother Teresa really said this, 
but regardless, I felt rebuked and yet gently encouraged. 

(The holidays can bring out the worst in prideful people or families. This spoke to my heart)

Found on Pinterest


Be blessed and Be a Blessing.
Be humble.
Be gracious

If you're in Tampa and need a location and family to worship with, 
I hope you'll come visit us at our church:

4 comments:

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

I love the quote and will copy it in my journal tonight. Reynolds Grove is in Weirsdale, just Southeast of Ocala. The fruit is amazing this year! Enjoy your day!

Sweet Woodruff said...

Lavender Dreamer that is so close to us. We will have to go! Come to San Antonio or Dade City for our Kumquat festival. :)

AnnMarie aka Vintage Junkie aka NaNa said...

I totally relate to your post!! I have a cat like yours and I act like that towards God sometimes! Well written! Visiting you back from my blog and following you!

Anonymous said...

Great reminders....lots of food for thought!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...