Friday, March 8, 2013

Something Blue ~ Grandma's Lace Hem

I am snooping on my daughter's computer looking for old photos
These triggered a memory:
 
Allyson's grandmother-in-love is an Alzheimer's patient in a nursing home.  Her house had not been "closed down" yet.  We were allowed to store wedding things in her house and the storage spot just happened to be by grandma's sewing machine. 
We found some old blue lace in her notions box. 
Score!
 
I hand sewed the lace all around Allyson's petticoat inside the dress.  
It turned out so pretty. 
It added a sweet touch of sentiment,
as Will's grandma was a part of his bride's gown.   
 
 
Which leads me to another "thrifty" wedding tip:
 
The more sentiment involved, the cheaper the wedding. 
Borrow or perhaps ask to be given family things to be a part of your day. 
Not only does it make your wedding more meaningful,
you're spending less money. 
The more money you save here and there, the more money you'll have to spend on food, the photographer or the honeymoon, etc.  :) 
 
Regardless of money saved, I'm just a big fan of "Sentiment". 
If we were wealthy people,
and given the choice,
we still would have chosen sentiment over costly wedding swag.  :)
 
And maybe it's a little creepy of me, but I miss my grandma's hands and how they looked when she was sewing or crocheting. 
I made Allyson take photos of me working on her dress. 
I told her she'll be glad she did, someday. 
 
 
 
 
*********************************************************************************
Hosea 2:19 And I will betroth you to me forever. I will betroth you to me in righteousness and in justice, in steadfast love and in mercy.
 
Be blessed and Be a Blessing to those around you.
(((group hugs)))
 
*********************************************************************************
 
Zoey, the not so innocent cat get's busted.  Doh! 
She promises to leave pony tails alone and said she was sorry. 

~ The End ~
 
**********************************************************************************
I'm sharing this with:
 
 

3 comments:

Linda @ A La Carte said...

That is so sweet! I love sentiment! When is your daughter's wedding? I have a 2nd cousin that use to live in Witicha Falls.
hugs, Linda

Thia said...

You have a married daughter? Did I know this? I do not know. Hmmm. Well, never too late for a congratulations and many blessings on them.

Sweet Woodruff said...

Thia and Linda, Allyson got married last year. Since I've been here in Texas visiting, I've been looking at pictures on her computer I don't remember seeing before. :) It's been a blessing of a visit. I miss her terribly, but she's where she needs to be. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...