Monday, December 17, 2012

Why Handwriting Matters

by Philip Hensher
 
This is on my Top 5 Soap Box issues.  I don't know what the other 4 are, but this topic is the source of weekly rants. 
I'm sure my kids are sick of it. 
I tell them they are uncivilized and illiterate if they can't write
or read a letter from their grandmother. 
 
I'll stop now before I go on and on and on and on........
 
Don't even get me started.....
 
Read the article and tell me what you think. 
How do you feel about the decline of handwriting?
 
And I didn't ask you if you LIKE your handwriting as most people don't.

2 comments:

Thia said...

My head is pounding because of the cold I'm coming down with, so I am not going to read the article. I will say that in our homeschool, handwriting is important. They start with print and begin cursive when I think they're ready. I love seeing envelopes come in the mail with fancy writing on them!

Cactusneedle said...

Handwriting is very important! what will feel more valuable 50 years from now - an email printed out or a handwritten note? I have letters written by ancestors going back over 100 years. I love being able to hold something they created, something they touched, something that's a part of them. Mechanically printed items will never carry that personal touch.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...