Sunday, December 30, 2012

The Year of the Russian Novel

2013

I wanted to do this 2 years ago.  It didn't happen.
Then I decided last year this would happen.  It didn't happen. 
 
This year, 2013, it will happen
 
I've declared it the year of the Russian Novel
Will it be too depressing to read so many in a row? 
(If it get's too heavy, I'll have to sprinkle in some Wodehouse or Twain)
 
I have never read one.  I know I have read stories, but never the thick novels.
I've been busy with British and American the past 25 years,
with the occasional appearance of French, German or Italian works. 
I also have a bad habit of rereading favorite classics over and over.  Tsk. Tsk.
 
Time to move on and accomplish some nerdy goals
I've always had. 
 
Which one should I read first?  Kindle's on stand by and ready to burn.

And to kick us off, we're having Borsht for dinner tomorrow night, then fireworks.  Yay!

AND, we'll listen to
Vladimir Vystosky.  I don't speak a word of Russian, but I love his voice. 
I remember my dad listening to him. 


Now if I can get my family to join me (doubtful),
 that would be wonderful. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Crestfallen Pooh was looking forward to more A.A.Milne. 
Be Blessed and Be a blessing to others. 
Choose Joy.

“There are two motives for reading a book; one,
that you enjoy it; the other,
that you can boast about it" ~ Bertrand Russell



3 comments:

Linda @ A La Carte said...

I look forward to your Russian year! Too heavy for me for sure. I'm with Pooh! Hugs, Linda

Sweet Woodruff said...

I went light last night and started with a Tolstoy short. Not too bad yet. :) Pooh is just being a baby. He knows he'll always get Milne.

Unknown said...

Good luck on meeting your Russian Novel goal! I found you on Twitter by the way!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...