Monday, January 24, 2011

Sick Son in a Quilt

My 6'2", 215 lb,
15 year old little boy
has the flu.

A really bad flu.

Princess Peach has the flu as well, but she's 30 minutes away at school and I haven't had as much opportunity to baby her, as I have my boy.
Is there anything more pitiful than your sick child? My son never gets sick, so it's been a long time since I've felt that helpless heartache. *sniff* There is nothing you can do but wait and watch as the virus runs its course, hoping the fever doesn't get too high and doing your best to comfort with Jell-O and juice. Crackers and cool rags. Coddling and quilts.
 
 
His fever was so high one night I was afraid to go to sleep. I know he would have been fine, but what if he needed me?  My kids are old enough to be sick alone, but it's just not as much fun, is it? I always feel so guilty when I wake up in the morning to find my child was sick through the night and they were too afraid to wake us up. What? That's what I live for...to take care of my family. No one is to ever be sick alone in this family.

Love begins by taking care of the closest ones - the ones at home.
Mother Teresa

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...